HOW TO GANBAN-YOKU
Hydrate again and repeat the process
Start by laying on the stomach for 15-30 min
Rest in the lounge to cool down and hydrate
Lay on the back for another 15-25 min
1. Please arrive 20 min before your session to undergo the orientation + time it takes to get changed. You will be given instructions and a quick tour. Please bring 1 large towel, 1 small towel, and your own water bottle. We will provide the locker key, Ganban-yoku outfits, and sandals.
2. After changing into the outfit provided, proceed to the heating room. To begin the session, place the large towel on the bed, then lay down on top of it. It is recommended to start on the stomach for 15 - 30min. This way, the body warms up quicker by increasing the organ activities. It boosts the metabolism and helps to generate more heat within the body. Please use a face towel as a pillow to avoid the face touching directly onto the heated floor.
3. After laying on the stones for about 15 - 30min, step out into the cooling lounge and hydrate well until you feel ready to go back in. We recommend 3-5 min of resting.
4. When you feel ready, go back into the heating room. This time lie down on the back for another 15 - 25min. Please use the wicker pillow or small towel to avoid direct contact with your head to the heated floor.
5. Simply repeat the process until the time is up. Try getting into your most comfortable position.
6. Pat your sweat dry using the face towel for silky skin and hair, get changed, and return the locker key to the front desk.
Please consult with your physician before if you have anything listed below:
- Pacemaker / Defibrillator
- Insensitivity to Heat
- Chronic Conditions / Diseases Associated With a Reduced
Ability to Sweat or Perspire
- Cardiovascular Condition
Please refrain from using Ganban-yoku if you have/you are
- Under the Influence of Alcohol
- Recent Joint Injury (within 72hrs), Enclosed Infection or Wounds From Surgical Operation or Surgery.
Spa Etiquette & Rules
Please be aware of the spa rules below:
- No use of phone or chatting in the main Ganban-yoku room to respect the silent policy
- No perfume or cologne for the Ganban-yoku sessions
- Please do not use loud voices inside the Spa
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by parent/guardian
- Children must be 13 years or over
- Keep the outfits on at all times during the Ganban-yoku session
*Please know that Pocca Poca may refuse services to those not following the rules*
What To Bring
Pocca Poca will provide clients to change into a unique kimono style outfit. Please read below for items you should bring with you depending on your needs.
- 1 large towel (bath towel)
- 1 small towel (facial towel)
- 1 water bottle
(If you forget them or did not bring them, $3 rental towels are available)
- Typically, the outfit is worn over underwear. As the sweat through the session is orderless once it dries, it does not leave any smell. If you feel uncomfortable, please feel free to bring extra underwear to change into.
*Towels and water bottle will not be provided for the session.If forgotten,we will charge a $3 towel rental fee.
*Disposable underwear is available for $1.00
- As we do not recommend taking a shower after the session, please bring your bath towel if you wish to take a shower after the treatment.
*Rental towels for the shower are available for $3.00
*Please keep the outfit on in the facility at all times*