HOW TO GANBAN-YOKU
Hydrate again and repeat the process
Start with the stomach on the bed for 15-30 min
Rest in the lounge to cool down and hydrate
Lay on the back for another 15-25 min
1. Please arrive 15 - 20 min before your session to sign the waiver. You will be given instructions and a quick tour. Also provided are the locker key, Ganban-yoku outfits, a face towel, and a large towel to lay on the stone bed.
2. After changing into the outfit provided, proceed to the heating room. To begin the session, place the large towel on the bed, then lie down on top of it. It is recommended to start with stomach on the bed for 15 - 30min. This way body warms up quicker by increasing the organ activities. It boosts the metabolism and helps to generate more heat within the body. Please use a face towel as a pillow to avoid the face to touch directly on the heated floor.
3. Once lying on the stones for about 15 - 30min, step out to the resting lounge and hydrate well until you feel ready to go back in. We recommend 3-5 min of resting.
4.When you feel ready, go back into the heating room. This time lie down on the back for another 15 - 25min. Please use a wicker pillow to avoid direct contact of your head to the heated floor.
5. Simply repeat the process until the time is up. Try getting into your most comfortable position.
6. Pat dry the sweat using face towel for a silky skin, get changed and return the locker key at the front desk.
Please consult with your physician before if you have any condition listed below:
- Pacemaker / Defibrillator
- Insensitivity to Heat
- Chronic Conditions / Diseases Associated With a Reduced
Ability to Sweat or Perspire
- Cardiovascular Condition
Please refrain from using Ganban-yoku if you have/you are
- Under the Influence of Alcohol
- Recent Joint Injury (within 72hrs), Enclosed Infection or Wounds From Surgical Operation or Surgery.
- Experiencing Menstruation (may temporarily increase the menstrual flow)
Spa Etiquette & Rules
Please be aware of the spa rules below:
- No use of phone or chatting in the main Ganban-yoku room and to respect the silent policy
- No perfume or cologne for the Ganban-yoku sessions
- Please do not use loud voices inside the Spa
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by parent/guardian
- Children must be over 13 years and up
- Keep the outfits on at all times during the Ganban-yoku session
*Please know that Pocca Poca may refuse services to those not following the rules*
What To Bring
Pocca Poca will provide clients to change into a unique kimono style outfit. Please read below for items you should bring with you depending on your needs.
- Typically, the outfit is to wear over the bottom underwear. As the sweat through the session is orderless once it dries, it does not leave any smell. If you feel uncomfortable, please feel free to bring extra underwear to change into. *Disposable underwear is available for $1.00.
- As we do not recommend taking a shower after the session, please bring your bath towel if you wish to take a shower after the treatment. *Rental is available for $2.00.
*Please keep the outfit on in the facility at all times*